Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Another PBR find

PBR is one of those crazy new things like normal maps and Zbrush were back in the day. Ok maybe not THAT crazy because knowledge of shaders and different maps etc. are all still useful and can help understand this stuff but I do believe that shaders are the next big hurdle in AAA (to use the term loosely) game development. So I'm going to keep whoring out any new info I find to share on this magical new tech.

Any way, since engines that support PBR arent available for free yet and I'm cheap as hell. The best way to start messing with this stuff is with Marmoset tool bag 2 or key shot. The Marmoset guys have a great write up explaining PBR for us dumb folk and I wanted to share.

http://www.marmoset.co/toolbag/learn/pbr-theory


No comments:

Post a Comment